1999 - 2003: Secondary School (Worcester Gymnasium)
2004 - 2006: B.Sc. Computer Engineering (UCT)
2007: B.Sc. (hons) Computer Science (UCT)
2008 - current: M.Sc. Computer Science (UCT)
2007: B.Sc. (hons) Computer Science
Listed are the modules I chose that formed the coursework part of my degree:
In addition, students are required to complete a project. My honours project involved performance
analysis of fixed Wireless Mesh Networks (WMNs), titled An Extensible Software Testbed
for Wireless Mesh Networks. More detail is available
- Interaction Design
- New Venture Planning
- Advanced Computer Systems
- Distributed Computing
- Network and Internetwork Security
- Internet Interoperability
- Parallel Computing
- Experiments with Genetic Algorithms
- IFIP Summer School 2007
- Research Methods & Professional Communications Unit
- Intra-domain Traffic Engineering
2008 - current: M.Sc. Computer Science
My topic involves Quality of Service (QoS) analysis in wireless networks. More detail is available here ...
I am primarily interested in performance modelling primarily using simulation. Wireless Internet technologies is my choice for performance evaluation, however
other field of interest include
wireless sensor networks (WSN),
high performance computing (HPC), and
- ISS'07 IFIP Summer School on Software Technologies, Gordon's Bay, March 2007.
- Tutorial on Wireless Sensor Networks. Visit by Ian Akyildiz. Stellenbosch, 8 August 2007.
- Iazeolla, G., Kritzinger, P. and Pileggi, P. Modelling Quality of Service in IEEE 802.16 Networks. 16th International Conference on
Software, Telecommunications and Computer Networks (SoftCOM'08). September 25 - 27, 2008. Split - Dubrovnik, Croatia.
- Kritzinger, P. and Pileggi, P. Performance Modeling of the Wireless Internet. WRECOM'07. October 2007. Rome, Italy.
(Presentation slides available here)